Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Quickie Bathroom Refresh

Our sole bathroom is a sea of blue. The tile is original and in pretty great condtion, the tub is solid, and the sink still sparkles. I just wish the color choice weren't so....monochromatic.




The mess is my fault, but it's the best photo I have (I'm much more intentional about taking photos since starting this blog). And don't get your hopes up about the big reveal just yet, because this is a post about a quick fix. No 'blue' was harmed in the making of this post. Just my finger.


One hundred points if you can guess how I got that injury. Fifty bonus points if you can tell I'm injured. It sure did hurt, but I kissed it, wrapped it in a paper towel, and moved along.


 Ready everyone? I have two new angles for you to admire in the Blue Lagoon. The first.....




Tada! Shelves. Formerly of my kitchen, formerly of my livingroom closet, formerly of my livingroom walls! Reuse and recycle, people. (I can't wait for the day I can say "formerly of the blue bathroom....") And then one more shot. My other project.





CURTAINS! I appreciate the utility of the sliding doors, but I think they're ghastly, especially since the far wall of the shower shouldn't actually be there (this was obviously once a stand-alone tub). 

 I opened these for y'all to see the system in place, although I prefer them closed completely. I also would prefer plain white, but when my white curtains didn't turn up, these guys stepped in as their understudy(ies?). These are my light-blocking curtains that I DIY'd a few years ago. If I hadn't been so impatient to find fabric *that very minute*, I may have ended up with something that looked a bit less like soccer balls. Oh well, sound the vuvuzelas! They sure are coming in handy now.

I also hung up some of our old bathroom art that Erik scored at a New Haven book store a few years ago.  Have any of you seen these before? The top one is little boys at a line of urinals, and the bottom one is a couple of toddlers being all Marilyn Monroe on a grate.

Sure, the bathroom has a long way to go (like getting a mirror to replace the medicine cabinet that I hastily ripped down), but it sure has come a long way. In the mean time, I'm making sketches on graph paper, pricing out a new tub, tile, sink, etc.

Uh oh...I think the sink heard me. It looks very upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts