Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

We're famous

Erik called me from work today.

K: "Heyy!"
E:  "Do you know where the most recent newspaper is?"
K: "Probably in the recycling bin. Why?"
E: "I don't want to ruin it. Just look it over for anything that pops out at you."
K: "Here's one. It's from a week ago. Hmmm. Nothing. What am I looking for?"
E: "Well, my mom just called. She was looking at the newspaper when a picture caught her attention. She said she looked at it for a few seconds before she realized it was a photo of you and me in a Villa Capri add."

(that's where we had our wedding reception)

K: "Ahh! That's great!"
E: "Yeah, my mom's gonna clip it out for us. She said we should laminate it."
K: "Of course. And we'll put it on the fridge. And on the blog!"
E: "Right!"
*commence talking about whatever else we talked about. Probably this blog. And it was probably me talking.

Fast-forward to tonight. Erik is getting ready to go snowmobiling in Vermont for the weekend. My car is still stuck in the ice, so Erik brings me to pick up some sausage & garlic pizza for myself tonight (a necessity for any petite flower like myself). On the way into the house, we pick up the mail that *just arrived*. A newspaper! Yes!

Flipping, flipping, searching, poring....point! Squint!


This is not us. I love my in-laws.

2 comments:

  1. I scrolled right down to the bottom (being the impetuous hasty thing that I am) and was obviously very confused at the non-K and E situation happening. That's when I decided reading the blog was kind of important. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely one of my favorite stories.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts